Getting Started Guide
THIS IS OLD DATA AND IS NOT ACCURATE FOR OUR NEW SERVER SETUP.
BNET.cc has switched to following FFXI Version Updates alongside DarkStar Project's updates again As of 11/16/2018. This Getting Started Guide will help you do a CLEAN install for Final Fantasy XI, Ashita, and Windower.
- If you already have Final Fantasy XI installed and just need to update follow the Update FFXI Guide.
- If you already have Final Fantasy XI updated and just need to configure Ashita or Windower the skip the Final Fantasy XI Guide, scroll down to the Ashita or Windower Setup Guide.
Final Fantasy XI Setup Guide
- Download Final Fantasy XI Directly from the Official source: PlayOnline (All 4 files must be downloaded)
- Run FFXISETUP.exe (right click and run as administrator) Leave settings as default (everything checked except for DirectX 8.1) and Install all components.
- Once installed, run PlayOnline.exe it will prompt for an update then it will relaunch.
- Upon relaunch select "for PlayOnline Members" and make a dummy account if you don't play retail (use ASDF1234 for both username and password), save settings and exit PlayOnline.
- Visit the update guide* and Update Final Fantasy XI.
- Once this is done your PlayOnline and Final Fantasy XI will be up to date and you can proceed to configure Windower or Ashita (Scroll down!).
- ---- Warning: If you are outside of the US or using a non-standard version of windows, you might need to install the MEDIA PACK for Windows. Do a search online for Media Pack for your version! This can vary by OS: Windows 10 K/N Media Feature Pack || Windows 8 K/N Media Feature Pack || Windows 7 K/N Media Feature Pack
- For a shorter update time, you can download the September 2018 Version and replace the contents of the Final fantasy XI from this zip file into your Final Fantasy XI install directory and then visit Step 3 of the Final Fantasy XI Guide .
- Do NOT run the setup or registry files, this is strictly to obtain a more updated Final fantasy XI copy and to shorten your clean install update.
Windower Setup Guide
- Download Windower from the official source: Windower
- Create a folder named Windower in your Documents folder (recommended by BNETcc)
- Place the Windower.exe in that folder and Run as an Administrator and it will download all of the necessary files.
- Place the latest release of xiloader.exe* into the same folder as Windower.exe
- Create a new profile and adjust the settings to your liking.
- Close Windower and open the settings.xml located in your Windower installation folder (we recommenced using Notepad++ to edit such files) and add the following two lines then save.
<args>--server hltracker.com</args> <executable>xiloader.exe</executable>Note: To configure auto login after you make an account you can add --user user_name --pass pass_word --hide to the args line, eg. below.
<args>--server hltracker.com --user BNETcc --pass Somethingwhitty --hide</args>
Ashita Setup Guide
- Download Ashita from the official source:Ashita
- Create a folder named Ashita in your Documents folder (recommended by BNETcc)
- Place the Ashita.exe in that folder and Run as an Administrator and it will download all of the necessary files
- Download and Extract the Pre-Configured server XML file BNCC.zip and place it inside the Ashita\config\boot Folder
- Always launch Ashita by right clicking and "Run as Administrator"
- Optional: Configuring Auto-login after you make an account you can add --user user_name --pass pass_word to the setting name="boot_command" line of the config file eg. below.
<setting name="boot_command">--server hltracker.com --user BNETcc --pass Somethingwhitty</setting>
0/5 : Not rated