• Build PC and get option D

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
Hey guys need some help deciding what to do, looking to sell my pc and build a new one, or get a gaming laptop and build a budget pc. The thing is I have a few choices right now to
  • buy budget gaming laptop and build pc next year
  • buy high end gaming laptop build pc next 2 yrs
  • build budget gaming pc and get budget gaming laptop
  • build high end gaming pc and get basic laptop (non gaming)
now for my choices in gaming laptops
as for the new pc, budget wise is between $1000-2000 on parts, planning on building it myself.

NOTE: please vote for two options, will see what wins by the time I actually manage to sell my current pc.

BTW: Current PC for Sale $1400

Colette

Jul 27, 2015
I think if you want an unbiased opinion you need to put in there what you usually use the stuffs for. Like... if for game, how often you game and what type of games you usually buy/play. Would be silly buying a $2300 worth of item just for.... let's say..... FFXI.

IMHO.... if you own a decent enough PC, gaming laptop is pretty much obsolete ?. How long does a gaming laptop last if you use it for high end games hours / day anyway... rather use PC if there is one.

I'm not gonna vote, since it's a matter of thousands of dollars. I'll just give you how I view this matter. :p

I personally hate too low spec though, so.... If it were me I'd probably build a High End PC and buy a medium laptop. Play high end games on PC, use PC for tough stuffs. Can still use laptop for stuffs that aren't too demanding. Which one first depends on your needs (Like..., which one you urgently need right now). Plus... I think peoples that have an interest in owning a gaming laptop are either :
1. Have enough (or more than enough) money to buy a new one.
2. Not keen on buying a used one (Since they might think that because it's a gaming laptop it was used for long hours of playing)

Portability ? Well... for me as long it's not pocket sized and have thickness more than half an inch (more or less), it's not that portable. Yes, eventhough I drive a car to work, lol.

Color ? Just buy a laptop skin or something, or if you have the template, ask someone to design it for you and print a custom one, any color and any picture you want.

Last note : Idk much about USA economy right now, if it's bad or looks like it's gonna be worse. Consider putting it in the calculation too.

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
my wife said option a, honestly im going to be casually gaming so i need something portable, i cant be stuck at a desk forever to play games

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
I cant find one in stock anywhere... at least not this yr's model... only old 6700hq model

Switchride

BNCC Member
Mar 20, 2016
I always buy the newest model ASUS ROG laptop whenever I redo my desktop build, because I always say it will be nice to have the option to game on the go. It literally has never happened. In the past 5 years it came in handy for one work trip when I was stuck in a hotel for a week. The laptop always sits around or gets used for light productivity stuff where a non gaming laptop would have been more useful. Seems like anytime I want to really game there is no substitution for a desktop.

I put my vote on getting a decent laptop you could sue to game in a pinch and getting the nicer desktop. Your mileage may vary.

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
Switchride said:
I always buy the newest model ASUS ROG laptop whenever I redo my desktop build, because I always say it will be nice to have the option to game on the go. It literally has never happened. In the past 5 years it came in handy for one work trip when I was stuck in a hotel for a week. The laptop always sits around or gets used for light productivity stuff where a non gaming laptop would have been more useful. Seems like anytime I want to really game there is no substitution for a desktop.

I put my vote on getting a decent laptop you could sue to game in a pinch and getting the nicer desktop. Your mileage may vary.
I was actually looking into that model too... but I wanted something thin and portable... I also couldnt find one with the 7th gen i7 that has a gtx 1060+

I liked https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ROG-G501VW/ I guess, but not the GPU/CPU

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
i ended up buying the razer blade stealth 4k model... when it comes ill see how i feel about it and decide if to send it back or not... only reason being is i've wanted to buy the blade for the longest, but they never had it in stock or it wasn't as good as it is right now

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
might return the razer blade, or try to cancel order... don't like the fact that the company only has web mail support, regarding orders ... what if god forbid i have to call them about technical support

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
lmfao there's a number

888-697-2037

with 4 options
  1. peripheral information
  2. peripheral support
  3. order information
  4. technical support

1 prob gets you to a tech support rep
2 prob gets you to a sales rep (haven't tried it)
3 gives you 4 options, all 4 options sends you back to their website or email
4 prob gets you to a tech support rep (haven't tried it)

Okay, i tried calling the support line, they said "the sales and order dept doesn't have a phone number they can only be contacted via email."

makes me feel really shady

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
so ended up returning the laptop... good thing cuz they released a newer model with a bigger screen smaller bezels same size.

disarrayed

n00b
Jan 18, 2018
Gaming Laptops have always had heat issues. Some worse than others. I have had a few and I can tell you for sure dont go Alienware I had one that ended up melting pretty bad because it kept getting WAY to hot. I could not keep that thing cool no mater what I did. So I would read up a lot on the laptop you decide to go with.

Hey guys need some help deciding what to do, looking to sell my pc and build a new one, or get a gaming laptop and build a budget pc.

Last edited by a moderator:

kernel

BNCC Member
Oct 20, 2016
Always had Asus ROG but best purchase and bang for the buck to be honest is the GS63VR. Won't lie to you. This thing is lightweight as hell but packs the biggest punch in performance and strength. It's a beast bro and it handles everything I've thrown at it with a 1070 and I7 4k screen. 

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
Always had Asus ROG but best purchase and bang for the buck to be honest is the GS63VR. Won't lie to you. This thing is lightweight as hell but packs the biggest punch in performance and strength. It's a beast bro and it handles everything I've thrown at it with a 1070 and I7 4k screen. 
I already decided to build a new pc, because I couldnt find a laptop that had everything I wanted... but I'll prob look into selling the desktop soon and maybe look into something a bit mobile 

Top Bottom