FFXI Server Shutting Down 4/30 - 5/1

Tagban

Administrator
Staff member
BNCC Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hello Adventurers! I am sorry to inform you that we will be shutting down the FFXI gaming server effective at the end of the month. While it has been an honor serving the FFXI community the last 7 years, we will be moving onto more stable projects.

I am investigating bringing it back in some form down the road, but this is an official announcement of closure.

The Discord and Forums will remain up, and I do plan on hosting another undetermined MMO, but I am looking for something that has been closed for some time, thus no longer getting updates requiring zero to light maintenance. I do not make this decision lightly, as its been on my mind for the last 6 months while DSP keeps rejecting adjustments we've recommended.

The database crash basically lost 70% of our playerbase, sealing the server's fate.

Because of this I have decided that unlike other servers, we're going to go out with a bang,

So basically, the following commands have been turned ON effective for ALL players to have fun with.
(This will allow you to enjoy what you want to on the server before it goes away)
-------------------
!addallkeyitems
!addallmaps
!addallspells
!additem (Use item IDs from FFXIAH)
!capallskills (shouldn't be necessary but fuck it!)
!changejob (changes main job)
!changesjob (changes sub job)

You can also specify level.

This should give everyone ample time to explore and get some items you always wanted to before we shut down. I suspect the final closing date is going to be the last day of April, but this could accelerate or go a few days over depending on how busy our schedules are.

Yours truly,
- Tagban

Last edited by a moderator:

Tagban

Administrator
Staff member
BNCC Member
Apr 21, 2018
Just a reminder, if something changes I might try to keep it going, but it likely won't be as complex as it is now, and no custom content, would be pure DSP just on easy mode mostly...

Jleon85

n00b
Apr 17, 2018
For some reason it's not working at the moment. It won't load any items in AH or allow purchases from the !job shop. It also will not allow for server log in once you quit out of the application. :(

Beunolas

n00b
Sep 11, 2016
Sorry to hear that the server is going to close, but totally get where you're coming from. I played a bit in 2016, then got a new job and basically have been gone since then, came back just before the crash. The hyper acceleration seemed to be unique among the FFXI private servers, and I am crazy thankful for that. It's breathed new life into the game in a way I never thought possible. So thank you, for all you and the GM team have done. Even if it only exists in DSP in easy mode, that would still be absolutely amazing in my mind, but hey, I get it.

tl;dr you guys are amazing, best server, 10/10 let's do a worldwide novice race sometime before I go on vaca on the 24th!

Jleon85

n00b
Apr 17, 2018
I totally agree with Beun- You guy have done such a great job and the game is super fun to play. Thank you so much for all you have accomplished with your hard work!! Sad to see it fading away :(

Robbinthehood

BNCC Member
Apr 29, 2017
Thanks for the opportunity to re-live the fun I had from retail days plus all the new toys you've given us. I had a great time playing and your work was always appreciated.

derahine

n00b
Mar 19, 2018
Sorry to hear this and sorry I've been away the past few weeks. Good to hear the discord is staying up and looking forward to seeing folks in other realms and keeping in touch (and, patiently watching the PRs on github _someday_ get accepted). =]

Jleon85

n00b
Apr 17, 2018
Is the AH taken down? I know /additem was added- however, everything in AH says no applicable entries :( also, are there any new commands that have been added for this last week?

Tagban

Administrator
Staff member
BNCC Member
Apr 21, 2018
Go nuts: !setskill  (I WILL CAUTION GOING ANYTHING ABOVE 100 could cause a crash)
        ["fishing"]      = 48,
        ["woodworking"]  = 49,
        ["smithing"]     = 50,
        ["goldsmithing"] = 51,
        ["clothcraft"]   = 52,
        ["leathercraft"] = 53,
        ["bonecraft"]    = 54,
        ["alchemy"]      = 55,
        ["cooking"]      = 56,
        ["synergy"]      = 57,

Fox the Sly

n00b
May 29, 2016
Thank you. Although it doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried different combinations of that syntax. Hmm...

Also, while I'm at it... any commands for gil or exp/merits? Thanks again man.

Ninji

Omae wa mō shinde iru
Staff member
BNCC Member
May 14, 2015
Im going to make everyone a gm Tmorrow, so you can enjoy testing it out to the fullest XD

kamakazcasanova

n00b
May 7, 2018
oh no that means i missed out on playing this awesome sounding server.....i just found out about private servers..i used to play ff11 on xbox

Tagban

Administrator
Staff member
BNCC Member
Apr 21, 2018
We are working on a new version but it's not ready and wont be quite as ezmode.

Top Bottom