Prepare for Launch!

Tagban

Administrator
Staff member
BNCC Member
Apr 21, 2018
Timed Post set to post at 9:30a EST

Greetings Adventurers! The server is 'officially' up and running now. This is NOT a final iteration but the DB is likely finalized. So at this point feel free to update to latest FFXI version, and we will work on getting an installer built. Eventually my goal is to get FFXI server on a STATIC version, meaning you'd no longer be updating your XI Client. This is important to know because the long term goal is to seperate out from the rest of the pack, and work on a 'vanilla' experience as most other communities call it. While we will be far from 'vanilla' in nature, my goal is to pick a version, set the version, and make it so literally any other server that wanted to utilize it can if they wanted to.

DarkStarProject is a fantastic group of dedicated people, but they are dealing with constant flood of updates from SquareEnix which breaks random things like quests and missions due to NPC ID Shifting. My plan is to get us set to a version, then fix things slowly, so that we have a fully functional server ranks 1-10 in all cities, quests fixed as they are found defective, etc.

This project is purely experimental. I have been a huge proponent of DSP and the 'sharing' of any fixes or ideas we have, and we will be 100% open source and transparent. If we find something that could be adapted to DSP, retail-like as a fix, we will submit the pull request. The issue that most people have found, is that while servers find new ways to do things, it breaks away from Retail-like behavior or adds unstable elements especially with code updates/core updates down the road.

I am taking a lead role on this now, as I've been out of the game for a while while Ninji managed our Github and managed to keep us closely tied in with DSP's updates. The plan, is we will have guides written up on how to setup a test server, if you want to contribute something cool, custom quests, etc., we will be listening, and allowing pull requests! The stipulation is that it must be tested on a live server, with screenshots of the interaction to prove it works.

This will also tie into our Ragnarok server, as it will also be open source, and 100% accessible source wise as far as our changes, code, adjustments, etc.

With that being said, the server is currently on version: 30180427_2

Tagban

Administrator
Staff member
BNCC Member
Apr 21, 2018
My plan is to setup an installer to make life easier and allow gamers to play multiple servers still.

Tagban

Administrator
Staff member
BNCC Member
Apr 21, 2018
As of now yes. I might be adjusting that longer term, but technically as long as you don't update FFXI.

Top Bottom